MIAD trustees elect officers; welcome members Jason W. Allen, Judy Guten, Michael T. Jones, Desmond Mason
The Board of Trustees has elected a new Chairman and two new officers for 2008-2009, and added four new members.
The new Board Chairman and new officers elected to a one-year term are:
- Lawrence P. (Larry) Moon, Chairman – Moon is Chairman and CEO of Sandstone Group, a diversified holdings corporation. Formerly Treasurer of MIAD’s Board, he has been a Trustee since 2000.
- Jerry Benjamin, Treasurer – Benjamin is Co-Managing Director of A.B. Data Ltd., and a MIAD Trustee since 2006.
- Andrea Schloemer, Secretary – Schloemer is a painter by profession and community volunteer in the arts and education who has been a Trustee since 2006.
Re-elected to a one-year term as Vice Chair is:
- Allen W. (Sandy) Williams, Jr. – A partner at Foley & Lardner LLP and a Trustee since 2004.
The four new Board members, elected to a three-year term, are:
- Jason W. Allen – A partner at Foley & Lardner LLP, where he is a member of the Finance & Financial Institutions and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices and the Energy Industry Team.
- Judy Guten – An organization development consultant whose career has focused on working with organizations in strategic thinking and planning, organizational design, group health, leadership development and crisis management.
- Michael T. Jones – Senior Vice President – General Counsel and Secretary at Miller Brewing Company who is a member of the company’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He has staff responsibility for the Legal and the Corporate Affairs Departments.
- Desmond Mason – A painter and eight-year NBA veteran who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks. Mason majored in Studio Art at Oklahoma State University and had his most recent exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
Joining the new members is Sarah Jane Harper ’09, MIAD Student Government President.
Also serving on MIAD’s Board are: Christopher Abele, William R. Arpe, Neil Casey, former Board Chair Claire Hackmann, Robert Joseph, Madeleine Kelly Lubar, Peter Kies, Steven Laughlin, Robert L. Mikulay, Michael Samarzja, Jeremy Shamrowicz and Michael White. Communication Design Assistant Professor Phil Belair serves as Faculty Representative and Alumni Association President Mary Gordon serves as Alumni Representative.
MIAD is Wisconsin’s only independent, four-year college of art and design, under the leadership of President Neil Hoffman.