The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design offers three giving circles to provide special recognition to you – our generous donors.
Sustainers Circle (Recurring automatic giving)
“From my earliest moments at MIAD, scholarships shaped my future. As a high school student, I received a scholarship to MIAD’s Pre-College program. I’ve won awards for my design work, had three internships and began my job as Associate Art Director at BVK”.
– Emily Ebert ’15 (Communication Design)
MIAD’s Sustainers Circle acknowledges the generosity of donors who automatically support the college on a continuous basis. By establishing a recurring monthly gift, your donation has a great impact on MIAD. Recurring gifts can be counted on for long-term planning. Plus, it’s one less thing you have to remember each year and you can select the terms of your gift!
Sustainers Circle contribution: Recurring automatic monthly gift of any amount
Sustainers Circle benefits:
- Make a big impact with small gifts over time to maximize your support for MIAD
- Easy and flexible option for you to support MIAD, which allows you to budget and schedule preferences. You can change your gift at any time by contacting MIAD’s Development Office.
- It’s convenient and sustainable, plus once you sign up for a recurring gift you will not receive another Annual Fund solicitation. A summary of your tax-deductible gifts will be mailed to you each January for the previous year.
- Special recognition in MIAD’s annual report.
Join the Sustainers Circle gift today with a recurring gift.
President’s Circle ($1,000 +)
MIAD’s President’s Circle was founded to support the college’s scholarship and special programs while providing members with unique opportunities to engage with the MIAD community and fellow believers in MIAD’s mission to ignite curious minds through art, design and service.
President’s Circle contribution: $1,000
President’s Circle benefits:
- Admission for four to the Preview Night’s VIP Reception of the annual MIAD Holiday Sale.
- Special Recognition at the annual Scholarship Luncheon, where you may meet the students supported by your generosity.
- A private tour of the Senior Exhibition (or other gallery exhibition) with President Jeff Morin. Contact Rachel Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- An invitation to the annual President’s Circle Reception.
- Inclusion in special communications from the President.
- 20% discount on Continuing Education classes. Contact Kathleen Muhlhern at email@example.com to arrange.
Become a President’s Circle member today!
Innovation Circle ($10,000+)
Innovation Circle members help our college President capture special opportunities to further our vision to be a galvanized educational and creative community, addressing universal needs through our thought, design and expression.
Innovation Circle contribution: $10,000
Innovation Circle benefits include all of the above plus:
- A MIAD Scholarship(s) in the name of your choosing.
- Admission for six to the Preview Night’s VIP Reception of the annual MIAD Holiday Sale.
- An invitation to attend the annual President’s Circle breakfast.
- Opportunities to visit the studios or businesses of well-known local artists and designers who are MIAD alumni or faculty.
Become an Innovation Circle member today!
Contact Tracy Milkowski, Vice President of Development and Communications, at 414‑847‑3239 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MIAD is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Gifts may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you have any questions about contributing to MIAD, please contact Anne Kirschmann at 414‑847‑3238, or email@example.com.
Service learning class highlights local LGBTQ history
Passion and purpose combined to make Adjunct Instructor Hj Bullard’s service learning class unique this year. Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) students in Bullard’s class “Storytelling the Environment” partnered with LGBT milWALKee to provide creative solutions for their new House of History project, which aims to share the stories of Black LGBTQ+ Milwaukeeans.
MIAD Values Recognition Award: Duane Seidensticker
Duane Seidensticker, Executive Director of Advising & Career Services, has been awarded the April MIAD Values Recognition Award at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design. Seidensticker’s nominations emphasized his intentional Inclusiveness, supportive Kindness and enthusiastic dedication to MIAD’s Community.
MIAD NSP students install service learning mural
Students at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) are developing professional expertise and honing their artistic craft, all while contributing to public art efforts in Associate Professor Brad Anthony Bernard’s New Studio Practice: Fine Arts murals class. Their 2Cubed Exhibit is the culmination of the hard work of MIAD students in this service learning course.
Exhibition at Hawthorn Contemporary curated by MIAD alum
Monica Miller ’13 (Integrated Studio Arts) has their hands full, from opening and managing the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design’s (MIAD) new offsite Gallery at The Ave to keeping up with their own artistic and curatorial practice. Now, Miller will curate Grasping Tenderness: Explorations of Queer Joy & Freedom, In Spite of Everything at Hawthorn Contemporary in Milwaukee’s historic Walker’s Point neighborhood.
TMJ4 features two MIAD graduates during AAPI month
Stephanie Brown of TMJ4 News featured recent graduates Mengdian Xing ’23 (Product Design) and her sister Lynn Xing ’23 (Interior Architecture and Design) during a month-long celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander heritage.