The MIAD Alumni Association is a dues-free community of MIAD, MSA, and Layton School alumni promoting engagement and connection through activities and events, benefitting the college, its alumni and students, and the greater creative community.
MIAD alums can stay connected through the monthly alumni newsletter, alumni lab access, quarterly Alumni Association meetings, or volunteering to serve on the MIAD Alumni Association Board.
MIAD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION BENEFITS
The MIAD Alumni Association offers benefits ranging from affordable lab access, an alumni email account, to career services.
- To request your MIAD Alumni Email account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the new Alumni Facilities Access Policy for information on usage of college lab facilities and sign up to receive your Alumni ID. Contact email@example.com with questions.
- MIAD alumni are eligible for a courtesy library card as long as they are in good standing with both the MIAD BO and the MIAD library. Courtesy library cards are issued in-person at the MIAD Learning Commons and are good for one year from the date of request. Borrowing has some restrictions. Check the current Learning Common Hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your visit!
- MIAD Career Services offers graduates the opportunity to create a profile on the Handshake platform and to book 1-1 appointments with an advisor.
- Xavier Ruffin ’10 shares his scholarship story
RECEIVE MIAD ALUMNI E-COMMUNICATIONS
Did you know that MIAD partners with Google Apps to offer free e-mail accounts to all alumni?
- Contact email@example.com to request your MIAD Alumni Email account.
- Receive the Alumni Association’s monthly e-newsletter and special events invites by updating your Professional Profile Form.
- Have a Class Note of an event or recent success you would like to share? Send the details in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to be considered for a social media spotlight of your recent work/success? Submit a write up and images via our Alumni Social Media Spotlight Form.
- MIAD Alumni Spotlight page features interviews and stories of our incredible alumni community
Whether you use the free alumni e-mail address or your own, you can receive information about the creative endeavors of MIAD alumni in Milwaukee and throughout the world, current MIAD exhibits and public events, and alumni networking opportunities.
JOIN THE ALUMNI ONLINE COMMUNITY
MIAD alumni have numerous opportunities to network online:
- Join the MIAD Alumni Association on LinkedIn
- Like the MIAD Alumni Facebook page
- Find Friends on the MIAD Alumni Professional Directory
- Update your Professional Profile
Questions or great ideas? We love them both!
Contact Kyle Hernandez, email@example.com, or 414.847.3266
Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
To download and read a PDF, get Adobe Acrobat Reader
MIAD Gallery at The Ave celebrates opening
The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) celebrates its first offsite gallery during its grand opening on April 6, 2023 from 6 – 8 p.m. MIAD invites the public to attend the event and to explore the new Gallery at The Ave, located at 301 W. Wisconsin Ave in The Avenue near the 3rd Street Market Hall.
First-Year Exhibition 2023 winners announced
Four winners and three honorable mentions were selected at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design’s (MIAD) First-Year Experience Student Exhibition opening reception on Friday, March 24, 2023. Renato Umali, Mariah Tate Klemens and Gabrielle Banzhaf, the three jurors, commended all the participating students for their strong work.
Communication Design senior lands Nike Internship
Catherine Currie ’23 (Communication Design), a senior at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD), was selected for the highly competitive graphic design internship at Nike. The internship will take place over 10 weeks this summer at Nike’s headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.
MIAD Defines 2023: Day of play
For the 2023 iteration of MIAD Defines, the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design dedicated Tuesday, March 21 to playing. With the aim to connect, converse and learn across majors, years and disciplines, this year’s MIAD Defines was a resounding success.
Peter Barrickman selected as NSP: Fine Arts full-time faculty
Following a national search, Peter Barrickman has been selected as the newest full-time faculty member in New Studio Practice (NSP): Fine Arts at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD). An internationally recognized artist, Barrickman also co-founded Mazzzagine, a publication dedicated to supporting artists and fostering collaboration.