The MIAD Alumni Association is a dues-free community of MIAD, MSA, and Layton School alumni promoting engagement and connection through activities and events, benefitting the college, its alumni and students, and the greater creative community.
MIAD alums can stay connected through the monthly alumni newsletter, alumni lab access, quarterly Alumni Association meetings, or volunteering to serve on the MIAD Alumni Association Board.
MIAD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION BENEFITS
The MIAD Alumni Association offers benefits ranging from affordable lab access, an alumni email account, to career services.
- To request your MIAD Alumni Email account, contact email@example.com.
- Read the new Alumni Facilities Access Policy for information on usage of college lab facilities and sign up to receive your Alumni ID. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- MIAD alumni are eligible for a courtesy library card as long as they are in good standing with both the MIAD BO and the MIAD library. Courtesy library cards are issued in-person at the MIAD Learning Commons and are good for one year from the date of request. Borrowing has some restrictions. Check the current Learning Common Hours or email email@example.com to plan your visit!
- MIAD Career Services offers graduates the opportunity to create a profile on the Handshake platform and to book 1-1 appointments with an advisor.
- Xavier Ruffin ’10 shares his scholarship story
RECEIVE MIAD ALUMNI E-COMMUNICATIONS
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your MIAD Alumni Email account.
- Receive the Alumni Association’s monthly e-newsletter and special events invites by updating your Professional Profile Form.
- Have a Class Note of an event or recent success you would like to share? Send the details in an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Want to be considered for a social media spotlight of your recent work/success? Submit a write up and images via our Alumni Social Media Spotlight Form.
- MIAD Alumni Spotlight page features interviews and stories of our incredible alumni community
Whether you use the free alumni e-mail address or your own, you can receive information about the creative endeavors of MIAD alumni in Milwaukee and throughout the world, current MIAD exhibits and public events, and alumni networking opportunities.
JOIN THE ALUMNI ONLINE COMMUNITY
MIAD alumni have numerous opportunities to network online:
- Join the MIAD Alumni Association on LinkedIn
- Like the MIAD Alumni Facebook page
- Find Friends on the MIAD Alumni Professional Directory
- Update your Professional Profile
Questions or great ideas? We love them both!
Contact Kyle Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 414.847.3266
Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
To download and read a PDF, get Adobe Acrobat Reader
Residents of Milwaukee’s Near West Side are enjoying their neighborhood’s rich history and artistry through seven unique markers, courtesy of Milwaukee creatives Brandon Minga, ’04 Illustration, and Andre St. Louis.
Photography alum Sarah Stankey ’13 shares the vulnerable and traumatic experience of 90 days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in her new exhibition “What to Expect,” hosted by Madison’s Arts + Literature Laboratory as part of the Bridge Work Madison program.
Twelve New Studio Practice: Fine Arts sophomores took their art out of the classroom and exhibited work locally at TASK Creative as part of Adjunct Assistant Professor Grant Gill’s course “Singularity & Multiplicity.”
Dr. Margaret J. Schmitz, an Assistant Professor at MIAD who teaches primarily art history, published a new article titled “Indigenous Temporal Enmeshment in Akwesasne Notes” in Panorama, a digital art history journal.
MIAD students in the Black Leaders and Artists Coalition (BLAC) partnered with one of Milwaukee Art Museum’s teen programs to host high school students for a tour of the college, panel discussion with BLAC members and art project this past Thursday.