The following offices assist students and families before and during matriculation at MIAD.
The Office of the Registrar provides students with:
- Course enrollment assistance
- Enrollment deadlines
- Tuition adjustment/refund deadlines
- Official transcripts
- Enrollment verifications
- Grade reports
- Information regarding the release and withholding of private information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), information on residency for tuition purposes, veterans services and more.
Jean Weimer, Registrar; Room RL-45D, 414‑847‑3272, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Office
The Financial Aid Office:
- Counsels and advises student and parents on financing options
- Processes FAFSA applications for financial aid
- Determines students’ eligibility for financial aid
- Disburses financial aid into student accounts in Business Office
- Adjusts financial aid awards due to a change in family circumstances
Carol Masse, Executive Director of Financial Aid; Room RL-10B, 414‑847‑3270, email@example.com.
The Business Office:
- Sends student tuition and fee bills
- Advises students and parents on payment plan options
- Responds to students’ questions regarding accounts
- Receives and processes tuition and fee payments to student accounts
- Authorizes and distributes tuition and fee refund checks
- Monitors students’ payment process to ensure deadlines are met and assesses late payment fees on past due accounts
The Business Office, 414‑847‑3232, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three MIAD Communication Design students received 60th anniversary American Graphic Design Awards from Graphic Design USA (GDUSA) magazine. The students were selected from over 8,000 entries, and judged alongside professional design work. Fewer than 10% of entrants received an award.
Interior Architecture and Design (IAD) seniors from MIAD were taken to new heights on November 13 when they toured the construction site of The Couture, a 44-story skyscraper under construction that will be Milwaukee’s tallest residential and mixed-use building. The tour was part of a series of tours their senior thesis “Building Systems” class is taking with instructor Dan Kalkman, AIA.
The Milwaukee Art Museum (MAM) selected the design of MIAD alum Debbie Sajnani ’16 (Communication Design) for its 2023 annual ornament. The ornaments are recreated each year by artisans using a reserve painting technique, according to MAM.
For decades, Milwaukee has hosted an annual Holiday Lights Festival. To commemorate the festival’s 25th anniversary, Milwaukee Downtown will also host the new Ornament Trail this year. Five Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) alumni and one instructor, who teamed up with both students and alumni, produced giant ornaments for the event.
Sarah Eichhorn, Visiting Instructor of Fashion and Apparel Design, received the October 2023 MIAD Values Recognition Award at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD). Eichhorn’s nominations speak to her Kindness, Inclusiveness, Innovation and support of MIAD’s Community.