May Mental Health Awareness Month resources
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and MIAD is committed to the health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff. Below is a list of MIAD and Milwaukee community-based wellness resources.
RESOURCES FOR MIAD STUDENTS
Mental health and counseling support: MIAD students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with non-clinical mental health or counseling support if they are feeling upset, overwhelmed or stressed or if they are struggling balancing school with work, personal issues or medical situations.
Marquette University Counseling Center: MIAD partners with Marquette University to provide MIAD students free, confidential short-term counseling with a licensed professional, as well as with a new online mental health tool called SilverCloud.
MILWAUKEE COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Alternatives to calling the police for situations including housing, LGBTQ+, mental health, crime and more. Learn more.
- Low-cost or free mental health resources in Milwaukee. Learn more.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) local resources in southeast Wisconsin. Learn more.
- PrideFest Health and Wellness digital directory with local and statewide resources. Learn more.
- Milwaukee County Crisis Line: 24 hrs/day, 7 days a week. (414) 257-7222