Guide to On-Campus Resources
- College Advising: Mónica Lloyd, Director of Advising, 255B, 414‑847‑3275, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration & Schedules: Jean Weimer, Registrar, RL45D, 414‑847‑3272, email@example.com
Health & Wellness
- Health & Counseling Services and Alcohol/Drug Intervention: Jennifer Crandall, Associate Dean of Students, RL95A, 414‑847‑3344, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Insurance: Lindy Stein, Dean of Students, RL45C, 414‑847‑3240, email@example.com
- Safety Concerns: Keith Kotowicz, Director of Safety and Security, RL25B, 414‑847‑3301, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid/FAFSA: Kristina Alvarez, Director of Financial Aid, RL10A, 414-847-3270, email@example.com
- Tuition Payments: Bonnie Murphy, Bursar, RL10E, 414‑847‑3303, firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-Campus Employment: Jason Orozco, Career Services Coordinator, 275H, 414‑847‑3276, email@example.com
- Housing & Residence Hall: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Search/Career Services: Duane Seidensticker, Executive Director of Advising & Career Services, 275I, 414‑847‑3274, email@example.com
- Library Resources: Nancy Siker, Director of Library Services, RL100D, 414‑847‑3340, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Students: Duane Seidensticker, Executive Director of Advising & Career Services, 275I, 414‑847‑3274, email@example.com
- Student Organizations: Lindy Stein, Dean of Students, RL45C, 414‑847‑3240, firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at the periphery of student life, staff members hold technical and administrative positions that allow for the smooth operation of the college’s day-to-day and long-term activities. When they’ve clocked out of the MIAD building, they’re home, in the studio, outside in nature– and exercising their own creative muscles and sustaining personal arts practices. “After Hours,” the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) Gallery at the Ave’s latest exhibition is the first of its kind for the college where staff talents are in the limelight.
During the fall 2023 semester, the Lubar Emerging Technology Center at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) hosts “Technique of the Week” demonstrations for students, faculty and staff. MIAD community members are invited to attend presentations on everything from 3D scanning objects to fermentation to Minecraft. Most recently, attendees played pinball on a handmade virtual pinball machine.
Four students were honored at the inaugural Latine Student Exhibition, on view at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) until October 13, 2023. Coordinated by rhi anderson-martinez, executive director of equity and inclusion at MIAD, the exhibition highlights and celebrates the art and design skills of MIAD’s Latine students during Hispanic Heritage Month.
Brad Anthony Bernard, professor of fine art at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD), will participate in a panel discussion about Frederick Law Olmsted at the 2023 annual conference of the Olmsted Network in Milwaukee. An accomplished muralist, Bernard designed a mural depicting Olmsted which will be displayed at a public mural and sculpture garden in Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) welcomes Anna Hillary as the new full-time Assistant Professor of Writing and Humanities following a national search.