Donors and scholarship recipients gathered on March 10 for MIAD’s annual Scholarship Luncheon, which celebrates the generous donors who funded the 2010 Scholarship Fund and creates a unique intimate setting for them to get to know student recipients. The event also honored donors to the Creative Fusion Scholarship Fund, which has raised close to a million dollars in scholarship support since its inception in 2007.
Right, top: Matt Levatich, President and COO of Harley-Davidson Motor Company talks with scholarship recipients.
Right, lower: Scott Schwebel VP of Creative Development at Hanson Dodge converses with MIAD student James Pederson.
- Read Student Julie Wayer’s Remarks
Why are scholarships so important?
- 96% of MIAD students receive financial support through scholarships and other forms of aid; more than half are the first in their family to attend college.
- 80% of MIAD graduates use their innovative skills in Wisconsin, contributing a vital brain gain to the state that shapes its economic and creative future.
- Employment in many creative industries is growing faster than the labor force and makes up 30% of the workforce by some estimates.
- As graduates, MIAD alumni are consistently selected over others for employment across multiple disciplines because of the high quality of their work and their ability to think, research, create, innovate and lead.
For these reasons and more, an investment in MIAD students is an investment in our economy, our community and our future.
For more information on MIAD’s Scholarship Fund, call Development Director Ryan Daniels at 414‑847‑3237.