MIAD Associate Professor Will Pergl is showing at the 2010 International VSA Festival: Exhibitions at The Kennedy Center in Washington, DC June 6 – 20, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Exhibit is free and open to the public. Trained in both painting and sculpture, artist Will Pergl unites a sensitivity and control of craft with unique designs to create sculptures and installations that whirl within a viewer’s imagination. Pergl’s brightly painted structures seem animated in form and his installations invite viewers to walk among and within the creative space. The presentation of Trivialities of Deportment combines rigid, colorful lines with flowing amorphous forms that encourage viewers to look above and beyond themselves–a notion taken personally by the artist after an accident that severely reduced functionality in one of his hands. Pergl’s unique artistic vision has been recognized in solo and group exhibitions across the nation. He holds a master of fine arts from Cornell University.
- MIAD Student Emergency Fund Application
- MIAD named Top Graphic Design school for fifth consecutive year; senior receives top honor
- POSTPONED: Creative Fusion celebrates Milwaukee’s creative brilliance to benefit student scholarships
- Six MIAD students awarded Alumni Thesis Scholarships
- Industrial Design senior wins international award for design inspired by her injured dog