What is Pre-College?
MIAD’s Pre-College Program is a series of weekend and summer classes devoted to developing high school students’ artistic skills and preparing them for an art and design college. Classes are available for high school freshman through senior year.
WHY IS MIAD’S PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAM TOPS?
- Has been nationally recognized and generously funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, The Surdna Foundation, The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and The Milwaukee Partnership for the Arts.
- Excels at getting students ready for college.
- Develops portfolio-ready work in every studio class.
- Gives students a more competitive edge in scholarship competitions.
- Introduces expanding career opportunities in the creative industries.
- Is low cost with an exceptional value! Compare our cost to other independent colleges of art and design.
- Premier MIAD faculty in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Location, location, location … MIAD is in the heart of Milwaukee’s creative industries district, The Third Ward. It is home to galleries, design firms and many of the businesses and companies that offer internships to our degree students.Here’s what students had to say about their Summer experience.
Improvement was immediate- the first day brought me to a whole new level- work was hard and there was a lot of it, but I feel like I got A LOT out of the program. My professor was definitely the best art instructor I have ever had.
My professor taught me more in 3 weeks than I have learned from semester long art courses in high school, he helped me improve so much.
Great class, great teacher, best three weeks of my summer.
I’ve been going to MIAD’s pre-college classes for the past three years and have been happy with them every time.
I liked the variety within the program it really helps expand on what I originally thought I could do. Now I can say I’ve begun to cover bases.
I learned an enormous amount of useful knowledge and skills in the class and am very satisfied. I wish the program lasted longer. The painting tools and supplies are excellent.
Loved the class, teachers, and projects. I challenged myself and was helped by critiques.
- VIEW BOOKS
Click on any digital book to see the intensive and exhilarating studio experience that MIAD’s Summer Programs offer.