Paul Olson, Technology Support Specialist, who will be in charge of MIAD’s Adventure Club hang gliding this spring, has been invited to participate in an international motorized gliding air show in Islamabad, Pakistan, Dec. 29 and 30. He and a fellow pilot will be flying the world’s lightest airplane, a hang glider with a powered harness called a Mosquito imported from Sweden. Their trip is being sponsored by Pakistan’s Ministry of Tourism. He’s also begun a hang gliding school based on the "Low and Slow" scooter tow method that will be part of the spring student activity. Check him out at www.scootertow.net and weekendsoaringtours.com.
- MIAD’s annual sale of student and alumni art & design work, December 5 – 7
- Like Game of Thrones? Check out Story & Craft – A Magic: The Gathering Exhibition at MIAD
- MAM, Sculpture Milwaukee and MIAD welcome the acclaimed Radcliffe Bailey for artist talk, Oct. 17
- Representation and identity among themes addressed in Society for Photographic Education Midwest Juried Exhibition
- Students and alumni: Sign up to sell your work at the 2019 MIAD Holiday Sale