Orlando de la Garza, a 3.75 senior majoring in Painting and Communication Design, was awarded the 2008-2009 Claire Hackmann Promise Award. The scholarship recognizes the college’s highest achieving students — those who exhibit not only superior talent and excellence, but who also show clear promise as successful leaders on graduation. The award was endowed by the parents of past Board of Trustees Chair Claire Hackmann to honor her leadership and dedication to MIAD. de la Garza has been named to the President’s List for the last two years, and has served as a Resident Advisor and teaching assistant in the Pre-College program. He also created professional logo work for the Harvard Group for New Music.
- MIAD’s annual sale of student and alumni art & design work, December 5 – 7
- Like Game of Thrones? Check out Story & Craft – A Magic: The Gathering Exhibition at MIAD
- MAM, Sculpture Milwaukee and MIAD welcome the acclaimed Radcliffe Bailey for artist talk, Oct. 17
- Representation and identity among themes addressed in Society for Photographic Education Midwest Juried Exhibition
- Students and alumni: Sign up to sell your work at the 2019 MIAD Holiday Sale