Orlando de la Garza, a 3.75 senior majoring in Painting and Communication Design, was awarded the 2008-2009 Claire Hackmann Promise Award. The scholarship recognizes the college’s highest achieving students — those who exhibit not only superior talent and excellence, but who also show clear promise as successful leaders on graduation. The award was endowed by the parents of past Board of Trustees Chair Claire Hackmann to honor her leadership and dedication to MIAD. de la Garza has been named to the President’s List for the last two years, and has served as a Resident Advisor and teaching assistant in the Pre-College program. He also created professional logo work for the Harvard Group for New Music.
- Carmex partners with MIAD Illustration students to design social media campaign
- Two documentary exhibitions explore storytelling, sharing history and truth
- Painter, sculptor and activist Titus Kaphar presents MIAD Creativity Series February 5
- OSSUARY exhibition features 160 Wisconsin artists, 340+ works involving bones
- Registration now open for Spring 2020 adult Continuing Education classes and Summer 2020 Creative Educators Institute