Artist and social activist Nirmal Raja ’08 (Painting) will present a workshop, “Stereotyping of Indian American Women,” at Alverno College’s “Project Girl” conference on October 29. The conference explores the media’s influence on women’s identity, self-esteem, relationships, life choices and self-care. Raja’s painting and video installation, based on her senior thesis project, will also be on view in a related exhibition through November 7 in Alverno’s Art & Cultures Gallery. More information at www.projectgirl.org.
- Like Game of Thrones? Check out Story & Craft – A Magic: The Gathering Exhibition at MIAD
- MAM, Sculpture Milwaukee and MIAD welcome the acclaimed Radcliffe Bailey for artist talk, Oct. 17
- Representation and identity among themes addressed in Society for Photographic Education Midwest Juried Exhibition
- Students and alumni: Sign up to sell your work at the 2019 MIAD Holiday Sale
- MIAD Industrial Design senior reaches new heights as NASA intern