Artist and social activist Nirmal Raja ’08 (Painting) will present a workshop, “Stereotyping of Indian American Women,” at Alverno College’s “Project Girl” conference on October 29. The conference explores the media’s influence on women’s identity, self-esteem, relationships, life choices and self-care. Raja’s painting and video installation, based on her senior thesis project, will also be on view in a related exhibition through November 7 in Alverno’s Art & Cultures Gallery. More information at www.projectgirl.org.
- Carmex partners with MIAD Illustration students to design social media campaign
- Two documentary exhibitions explore storytelling, sharing history and truth
- Painter, sculptor and activist Titus Kaphar presents MIAD Creativity Series February 5
- OSSUARY exhibition features 160 Wisconsin artists, 340+ works involving bones
- Registration now open for Spring 2020 adult Continuing Education classes and Summer 2020 Creative Educators Institute