Artist and social activist Nirmal Raja ’08 (Painting) will present a workshop, “Stereotyping of Indian American Women,” at Alverno College’s “Project Girl” conference on October 29. The conference explores the media’s influence on women’s identity, self-esteem, relationships, life choices and self-care. Raja’s painting and video installation, based on her senior thesis project, will also be on view in a related exhibition through November 7 in Alverno’s Art & Cultures Gallery. More information at www.projectgirl.org.
- Milkowski named MIAD VP for Development and Communications
- MIAD students design apps, customizable face masks to solve pandemic challenges
- Illustration students design posters for Johnsonville company headquarters
- MIAD matches donations to Milwaukee organizations fighting racial injustice
- MIAD is community partner on Milwaukee Film’s Black Arts & Culture short films