MIAD students sweep the United Adworkers Student Showcase awards
Each year, United Adworkers hosts The Ninety Nine Adworkers Showcase featuring the best advertising work in Wisconsin. This year, MIAD Communication Design students and recent alumni won all five Student Showcase awards, including the Gold (first place), Runner Up and Featured awards.
The following MIAD students and alumni, listed in order from first place through featured, received awards:
- Amanda Levinaite ’20 created an app that helps partners overcome communication challenges to better their relationship.
- Berea Ames ’20 designed a clothing line to help children with sensory processing issues.
- Kelsey Robinson ’21 designed campaign materials in support of the popular Rockabilly Chili Fundraiser for WMSE, a local radio station.
- Mallory Kubenik ’20 designed a website to help adults understand medication labels through the use of iconography to simplify medication instructions.
- Ori Baez ’20 created a card system to help young girls build confidence and unlearn body dysmorphia.
This competition is highly competitive and a landmark event in the Milwaukee advertising industry. Student submissions were judged by the Adworkers Board of Directors.