Aron Meudt, a 2007 graduate in Photography, was selected “Best in Show” from among 80 Wisconsin artists at the Hidden River Art Festival at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center in Brookfield last month. Meudt’s documentary photography of the disappearing family farm was judged by Brooks Barrow of the Brooks Barrow Gallery and Jennifer Jankauskas of the John Michael Kohler Art Center. Receiving Juror’s Choice were alumni Melissa Dorn Richards (MIAD’s Coordinator of Youth and Special Programs) for painting and Emily Siegel Belknap ’07 for 2 and 3D mixed media. Katie Musolff ’04 received Honorable Mention for painting.
- MIAD’s annual sale of student and alumni art & design work, December 5 – 7
- Like Game of Thrones? Check out Story & Craft – A Magic: The Gathering Exhibition at MIAD
- MAM, Sculpture Milwaukee and MIAD welcome the acclaimed Radcliffe Bailey for artist talk, Oct. 17
- Representation and identity among themes addressed in Society for Photographic Education Midwest Juried Exhibition
- Students and alumni: Sign up to sell your work at the 2019 MIAD Holiday Sale