Aron Meudt, a 2007 graduate in Photography, was selected “Best in Show” from among 80 Wisconsin artists at the Hidden River Art Festival at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center in Brookfield last month. Meudt’s documentary photography of the disappearing family farm was judged by Brooks Barrow of the Brooks Barrow Gallery and Jennifer Jankauskas of the John Michael Kohler Art Center. Receiving Juror’s Choice were alumni Melissa Dorn Richards (MIAD’s Coordinator of Youth and Special Programs) for painting and Emily Siegel Belknap ’07 for 2 and 3D mixed media. Katie Musolff ’04 received Honorable Mention for painting.
- Carmex partners with MIAD Illustration students to design social media campaign
- Two documentary exhibitions explore storytelling, sharing history and truth
- Painter, sculptor and activist Titus Kaphar presents MIAD Creativity Series February 5
- OSSUARY exhibition features 160 Wisconsin artists, 340+ works involving bones
- Registration now open for Spring 2020 adult Continuing Education classes and Summer 2020 Creative Educators Institute