For the third time, advanced students in Associate Professor Christiane Grauert’s Illustration class collaborated with First Stage Children’s Theater to create artwork for the 2013-2014 Season of Plays brochure.
Students illustrated for seven productions:
- Chelsea Beiler ’14 – Anatole, A World Premiere Musical
- Cassandra Genc ’14 – Nancy Drew and her Biggest Case Ever
- Kelly Main ’14 – The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- Michelle McCammon ’14 – Shrek the Musical
- Ignacio Narbona ’14 – Crash
- Whitney Salgado ’15 – A Midnight Cry
- Stephanie Steinhauer ’14 – Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat
A Selection of 28 illustrations from the 79 completed for the collaborative project are on view at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center, and will be up for the entire 2013-2014 season. Students in Grauert’s classes have previously illustrated for First Stage in 2007 and for the 2012-2013 brochure.
Grauert’s students also collaborated again with Cramer-Krasselt, a major national advertising agency, for poster illustrations for the 18th Annual Croquet Ball at the Penfield Children’s Center. Laura Horton ’14 placed first for her poster illustration, which will be auctioned at the highly regarded benefit; Jackie Altfillisch ’14 placed second; Cassandra Genc ’14 placed third; and Hailey Erato ’14 and Anna Zotta ’14 received honorable mentions.
Top image: Detail of Kelly Main, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Second image: Detail of Chelsea Beiler, Anatole, A World Premiere Musical
Poster images (left to right): Laura Horton, Jackie Altfillisch, Cassandra Genc