Assisting Educators with License Renewal
MIAD is approved by the WI Dept. of Public Instruction to award non-matriculating credits for the purpose of teacher license renewal.
MIAD is a 4-year degree granting college accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges (NCA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). Official transcripts may be requested from MIAD’s Registrar’s Office. Credits are awarded based on NASAD recommended equivalencies.
- Creative Educators Institute awards 3 non-matriculating undergraduate credits for successful completion of the intensive summer studio program.
- Professional Developer and Skill Builder Classes award non-matriculating credit based on 22.5 hours = 1 credit.
Professional Development Plan
The Creative Educators Institute is specifically designed to clearly connect to all 10 of the WI State Teacher Standards. Most importantly:
- Knowledge and skills gained in studios and workshops are easily transferable to the High School curriculum.
- Documentation for Professional Development goals is clearly provided through Educators’ Exchange (an online resource for lesson plans, projects and workshop ideas), professionally applicable social media skills, portfolio development and a body of work that showcases teacher acquisition of skill and conceptual development.
- An elective workshop that assists teachers in reflective writing about their professional development experience.