Twenty-two outstanding artists and designers show their works in the MIAD 2010 Juried Exhibition, June 8 – July 24, in the college’s Frederick Layton Gallery.
MIAD faculty selected the works from the 2010 Senior Exhibition, with two students representing each of MIAD’s 11 majors. The projects include:
- "My Family Recipes," a bi-lingual book and project by Communication Design major Juan Hernandez that combines his love of Mexican food and family, travel, design and photography. Hear about Juan’s project on Lake Effect
- The Trek HB by Industrial Design major Tien Nguyen, whose project was sponsored by Trek
- An interactive light/sculptural installation by Lisa Chen (Integrated Studio Arts)
- "Dino Excavation Tent," a project by Industrial Design major Molly Opitz that encourages 5- to 8-year-olds to play with and learn about dinosaurs while interacting with nature
- Abstract oil paintings by Folliard Gallery Project winner Jennifer Price (Painting)
Additional participating artists and designers are: Sarah Wilson (Painting), Erik Peterson (Sculpture), Tim Stoelting and Kelly Alexander (Printmaking), Jaclyn Poeschl and Matthew Kuehl (Photography), Matthew Sothan and Sarah Schloss (Drawing), Bradly Fischer (Integrated Studio Arts), Chelsea Atwell (Communication Design), Mary Sievert and Ryan Cain (Illustration), Elizabeth Kutschke and Alison Kolster (Interior Architecture and Design) and Adrian Padilla and Richard Nash (Time-Based Media).
The 22 works were selected from among 135 graduating seniors, who received their Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees on May 15.