Let’s Get Started
Now that you:
- Heard what your peers have to say about Financial Aid
- Know the lifelong benefits of Investing in Your Future
- Busted Financial Aid Myths
It’s time to apply for financial aid.
Whether you are a first-time freshman, a transfer student, or a continuing student, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form is available starting October 1. MIAD’s Federal school code is 014203.
When filing the 2022-23 FAFSA you MUST use your already completed 2020 tax information. We strongly recommend that you use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) on the FAFSA to import your 2020 Federal tax information.
Filing the FAFSA early ensures that you will not miss out on consideration for types of aid available.
Remember, we are here to help you at any stage during this process. Let’s get started!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
- List MIAD’s Federal school code 014203 on the FAFSA so we receive the results of your FAFSA application and can determine your financial aid eligibility.
- Follow up on any additional requests for information from our office. You may be selected for verification and asked to submit a verification form. Don’t be alarmed; verification is a routine, random process determined by the federal government that occurs at all institutions of higher learning. If you are selected for verification, we will send you a verification form. Return this form as soon as possible. Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your Federal Tax information to the FAFSA as described above will simplify the verification process for you.
- Financial Aid Award offers are mailed on a rolling basis beginning March 1st.
- Review your award offer and return a signed copy of it accepting or declining your award.