Let’s Get Started
Now that you:
- Heard what your peers have to say about Financial Aid
- Know the lifelong benefits of Investing in Your Future
- Busted Financial Aid Myths
It’s time to apply for financial aid.
Applying for Aid for 2021-2022
Whether you are a first-time freshman or transfer student, or a continuing student, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form is available starting October 1. MIAD’s Federal school code is 014203.
Filing the FAFSA early ensures that you will not miss out on consideration for types of aid available.
Remember, we are here to help you at any stage during this process. So let’s get started!
- First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students! Apply for admissions to MIAD. This starts the entire admissions, merit scholarships and need-based financial aid process.
- First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students – apply for an FSA User ID (FSA ID) online at studentaid.gov. Parents of dependent students must also apply for a FSA ID to electronically sign the FAFSA.
Continuing Students – you will need your FSA ID. If you have forgotten it, go to the FSA ID site studentaid.gov, then select Forgot my username.
- Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
- List MIAD’s Federal school code 014203 on the FAFSA so we receive the results of your FAFSA application and can determine your financial aid eligibility.
- Follow up on any additional requests for information from our office. You may be selected for verification and asked to submit a verification form. Don’t be alarmed; verification is a routine, random process determined by the federal government that occurs at all institutions of higher learning. If you are selected for verification, we will send you a verification form. Return this form as soon as possible. Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your 2019 Federal Tax information to the FAFSA as described above will simplify the verification process for you.
- Financial Aid Award Letters are mailed on a rolling basis beginning March 1st.
- Review your award letter and return a signed copy of it accepting or declining your award.