MIAD Creativity Series with Nike VP canceled | MIAD launches its brand video | NSP Visiting Artist Series welcomes Jessica Lynne & more . . .
MIAD Creativity Series with Nike VP, Creative Director, Heather Amuny-Dey is canceled
- Owing to circumstances beyond MIAD’s control, Nike has canceled its speaking engagement at MIAD on March 3. Thank you for your interest and support.
MIAD launches its brand video
- Watch the video here.
NSP Visiting Artist Series welcomes Jessica Lynne
- Lynne is a Brooklyn based writer and arts administrator. She received her BA in Africana Studies from NYU and has been awarded residencies and fellowships from The Sarah Lawrence College Summer Writers Seminar, Callaloo and The Center for Book Arts. Lynne has contributed to publications such as Art in America, The Art Newspaper, The Brooklyn Rail, Hyperallergic and Pelican Bomb.
- Learn about her work at Arts.Black.
- Read an interview with Lynne.
New student group at MIAD: the ISO Photography Club
Milwaukee Riverkeeper logo design competition
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper seeks a talented artist to design their logo for the Spring River Cleanup. The winning design is displayed on 4,000 volunteer t-shirts and in all advertising (posters, postcards, website). The winner receives a $100 prize. Designs can either be digital or hand-drawn, but both must be sent in a high quality image file (vector files preferred).
- More info.
Kim Miller works with Rufus King International Baccalaureate (IB) High School
- Juniors enrolled in IB Art at Rufus King work to create videos over the course of three workshops. Students in the course receive college credit. The students will be on MIAD’s campus next Friday, February 26, all day.
MIAD featured on Boys & Girls Club website
Exhibitions on view
- A Dual Exhibition: Contemporary Visual Patternmaking, 4th Floor Raw Space through March 5.
- Connections, 4th Floor Raw Space through March 5.
- [Hyphen] Americans, Perspectives Gallery through Febuary 26
MIAD at the Nut Factory, Saturday, February 27
- Kim Miller’s New Genre course shows work and Swim Team presents FOMO.
- More info.
Call for courtroom sketch artists
- WISN is searching for courtroom sketch artists, if interested please send your availability, contact info and two samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to apply. At this time we are unsure if this is a paid opportunity.
- Please note that these are often same-day opportunities.