Fall 2018 New Student Information
Welcome to MIAD!
On behalf of the faculty and staff, we look forward to welcoming you to campus this fall. You have made a wise educational choice in this intense visual arts curriculum combined with a strong liberal studies program; the result is an education like nowhere else.
This page is exclusively for new students who have committed to attending MIAD by submitting a tuition deposit.
To submit your tuition deposit to attend MIAD, go to https://www.miad.edu/admissions-payment-form
Check this page often throughout the summer.
What Happens Next?
You have questions, we have answers. Download the What Happens Next? brochure for information about class registration, new student orientation, housing and much more.
Logistics (added July 17)
- LOGISTICS: All the things you NEED to do, and few things you might WANT to do. Many of them you’ve already completed, but some you may have forgotten. Download the Logistics Packet for more information.
New Student Orientation (added July 17)
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: August 23 – 26, all new students attend every day. Download the Orientation brochure for more information.
Supplies (added July 23)
- SUPPLIES: MIAD provides some supplies through Core & Mini Kits, and you will need to purchase other supplies throughout the year.
Books and Software (added July 23)
The required and recommended textbooks for fall are now available at https://www.miad.edu/booklist
The list also includes software. PLEASE NOTE: All full-time MIAD students receive Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) and Microsoft Office, paid through a MIAD student fee which cannot be refunded. DO NOT PURCHASE / SUBSCRIBE TO ADOBE CC or MS OFFICE. You will receive an email in August with instructions on how to download Adobe CC and Microsoft Office
Adobe Creative Cloud (added Aug 15)
All MIAD students receive a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud. An email has been sent to all students with download instructions. If you have not received an email to your MIAD account, please contact Mark Fetherston at email@example.com.
New Student Registration (added July 5)
New Student Registration is now open.
- First-time Freshmen: Download the Registration Materials.
- Transfer Students: Most transfer students register in person. Contact your admissions counselor for details.
Students will receive their official MIAD email account starting May 17. Activation instructions have been sent to students’ personal email address. If you are deposited and have not received your activation instructions, contact Mark Fetherston.
MIAD Housing Process
The housing process at Two50Two, MIAD’s housing has two steps:
- a residential lease application process through 252: http://www.two50two.com/apply
- a roommate request / compatibility survey through MIAD (please complete this only once): https://www.miad.edu/roommate
Both steps are now open for new students. Traditional students who live outside of a 45-mile radius from MIAD are required to live on-campus for their freshman and sophomore years.
Laptop Purchase Guide
Thinking about buying a laptop for MIAD? The Laptop Purchase Q&A brochure answers many questions to help you make the best decision, and gives recommendations based on your major and interests.
To download and read a PDF, get Adobe Acrobat Reader